Wednesday 19 December 2012

Newcastle United V QPR (22/12/12)

My Tips For The Toon V QPR


Every match I give myself 100 points to place a few hypothetical bets on Newcastle and 100 points to place a few general football bets using the odds available from SkyBet.com.  I then compare how the two sets of bets perform and analyse whether it's better to bet with your heart or your head.

Last week both my sets of tips made a profit, so hopefully I can follow that up with another successful sets of tips this week.  Here are my tips for The Toon V QPR...

Match Result:
10 points on Newcastle United at 2.05
Since Harry Redknapp took over QPR have been unbeaten in their last four league games, whereas we're on a run of six defeats from our last seven league matches, so if you were going on form and statistics then QPR would be the value bet.  However, there were encouraging signs in the second half against Man City, and QPR's recent improved results have been against the likes of Wigan and the mackems, so my eternal optimism is going to go for a small bet on us to get back to winning ways.

Team Bets: 
20 points on Both Teams To Score In 2nd Half at 3.25
4 of our last 6 league matches have seen both teams score in the second half.

Both Teams To Score:
20 points on both teams to score at 1.67

Double Chance:
20 points on Newcastle or Draw at 1.3 
Despite their recent turnaround in form, QPR are still without an away win in the league this season, so despite the skinny odds I'm still tempted by a bet on us to avoid defeat in the Double Chance market. 

First Goalscorer: 
10 points on Demba Ba at 5.0
Demba Ba has now scored 6 goals in his last 7 league appearances at St James Park, so I'm going to go for a small bet on Demba for the opening goal on Saturday and then follow this up with a bet on him to score at any time. 

To Score In 90 Minutes:
20 points on Demba Ba at 2.0


As already mentioned I got back to winning ways last week with a small profit for my general football tips, so let's see if I can do even better this week... 

Liverpool V Fulham - Double Chance:
25 points on Fulham or Draw at 2.25

West Ham V Everton - Match Result:
20 points on Draw at 3.3

West Brom V Norwich - Match Result:
15 points on Norwich at 3.9

Chelsea V Aston Villa - Double Chance:
15 points on Aston Villa or Draw at 3.5

Coventry V Preston - Match Result:
25 points on Coventry at 2.1


I'll check back after the weekend to see how my tips perform.


Disclaimer:  A small bet can make the match more exciting but gambling can be a risky business so never bet more than you can afford to lose.  The safest way to bet is with a free bet, so if you'd like the chance to claim a totally free £10 bet then sign up to SkyBet today using the banner link below:

skybet.com

Footnote: All odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Legal Note: This page contains affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment