Thursday 25 October 2012

Newcastle United V West Brom (28/10/12)

My Tips For The Toon V West Brom


Every match I give myself 100 points to place a few hypothetical bets on Newcastle and 100 points to place a few general football bets using the odds available from SkyBet.com.  I then compare how the two sets of bets perform and analyse whether it's better to bet with your heart or your head.

European matches are always a bit trickier to predict than the league, so I'm going to skip tonight's match and go straight to my predictions for the weekend...

Full Time Result:
10 points on Newcastle to win at 2.0
SkyBet make us the evens favourite for this match but fifth placed West Brom could prove a tough test so I'm limiting myself to 10 points on us in the 'Full Time Result' market.

First Goalscorer:
20 points on Demba Ba at 5.0
Demba has scored four goals in his three previous Premier League encounters against West Brom, so although he hasn't scored in our last two league games I'm going to go for a small bet on Demba to get the first goal against West Brom.

To Keep A Clean Sheet:
25 points on Newcastle at 3.0
We've conceded in each of our last three league games but with Coloccini and Krul back against the mackems we looked a lot more confident defensively so I'm going to take a chance on a 25 point bet for us to keep a clean sheet against West Brom.

Draw No Bet:
15 points on Newcastle at 1.44 

Half Time Result:
10 points on Newcastle at 2.5

First Team To Score:
10 points on Newcastle at 1.67

To Win By Exactly One Goal:
10 points on Newcastle at 3.75


And to see how my predictions compare, here are a few tips on some of the other games being played over the weekend...

Chelsea V Man U - Full Time Result:
25 points on Chelsea at 2.3 

Wigan V West Ham - Full Time Result:
20 points on West Ham to win at 3.2 

Middlesbrough V Bolton - Full Time Result:
20 points on Middlesbrough at 2.5

Bury V Walsall - Full Time Result:
20 points on Walsall at 2.88

Notts County V Doncaster - Full Time Result:
15 points on Doncaster at 3.4

I'll check back after the weekend to see how well my tips performed.


Disclaimer:  A small bet can make the match more exciting but gambling can be a risky business so never bet more than you can afford to lose.  The safest way to bet is with a free bet, so if you'd like the chance to claim a totally free £10 bet then sign up to SkyBet today using the banner link below:

skybet.com

Legal Note: This page contains affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment